Waldorf In The Home

Thursday, November 6, 2014

52 Weeks of Nature :: Swinging


I like to sit here. I can hear the trickle of the water pass by and imagine it to be a gentle stream, rather than a culvert. This spot is hidden from the rest of the yard. That is until all the leaves have fallen. I inhale and quietly pray for the leaves to hold on a little longer. Autumn have enveloped me in such hypnotic shades of oranges, reds, greens, and browns.     I feel happy. 


I hear a new sound. It is the busy sounds of leaves being shuffled, as the hens search for plump worms and bugs in the cold, damp earth under the crisp leaves.  Shuffle, shuffle. I can't see the hens, I can only hear their pursuit of a  warm snack.  I will soon harvest the rose hips and plant the last of our tulip bulbs. I love that there is always something to do in the garden and that I always have a place just to sit, relax and think. It is mesmerizing to watch the leaves descend from the sky, landing softly and quite purposely on the ground. I have the urge to pick them up. I like to be tidy. Then, I realize that everything is where it should be, including me swinging on the swing. 

 ~Nicole

    Autumn in Philadelphia :: 44/52  ~ Oranges & Reds

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments kindle my spirit.

Namaste!