Waldorf In The Home

Monday, September 22, 2014

Corner of My Home ~ Felting Leaves







Monday is our handwork day and today Ms. Eva taught us how to needle felt leaves. I had a terrific time, I forgot how much I love needle felting. The girls were into it too, and there was only one minor poke on a finger tip. Mostly Ms. Eva teaches the girls handwork like sewing, knitting and quilting, but every once in awhile I ask her to teach me something cool too. 

We are planning to make an Autumn mural with these leaves you see above to display where our Spring flower mural hangs in our dining room. 

 I didn't plan this intentionally, but this project was perfect for honoring Mabon today. 

Later tonight, after our bellies are full, we will decorate our nature alter with acorns, sage , pinecones, incense, leaves, apples, grapes, squash (we haven't bought a pumpkin yet) and share some hot apple cider with each other in our backyard. Maybe the girls will play a tune for us. 

Next week we will wet felt the leaves to a base of raw wool to create the mural. I look forward to working with the hot soapy suds. 

I am also thinking these leaves would also make a beautiful Autumn Garden. Hmm, I wonder if I have enough wool? 

The colors and shapes are so beautiful. There is nothing that I like better than making beautiful seasonal decorations for our home. 

What are you up to in a corner of your home? 

Happy Autumn Equinox! 

Nicole 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments kindle my spirit.

Namaste!