Waldorf In The Home

Saturday, September 13, 2014

52 Weeks of Nature ~ Blue Door


                            Philadelphia in September  35/52  ~ Blue Door


We added this blue door to our yard at the beginning of the summer to make it easier and safer to walk to our community pool. Before this summer, we had strollers,  then wagons, neither ideal for this rustic, "big-girl" path. This was the year of new beginnings for us. I was even able to bring a book to the pool. In the summer we live at the pool. Between swim team, swim lessons and swimming with friends we were constantly back and fourth and this door was our luxury.  

Now that the pool is closed and we said our sad goodbyes, this blue door now leads us right to the library that is located less than a hop, skip and jump from our yard.  

When one door closes another one does open. 

This door now leads us to faraway places, tales of Woodland People, fairy tales and not so happily ever afters. We have a constant stream of cookbooks, sewing books, gymnastic books, and my favorite herbal remedy books. 

Yep, I love this blue door. Now, I am just hoping that my library fines will be eliminated. Those two street blocks to get to the library last year, errr, got in my way to return books on time. I am blushing revealing this to you.  

This door continues to be a luxury but also represents my gratitude for the many blessings that I have in my life. It is a new symbol of my appreciation for our homeschool life. 

Love & Light, Nicole


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments kindle my spirit.

Namaste!