Waldorf In The Home

Monday, August 4, 2014

Corner of My Home: Kitchen








Summer in the kitchen has been so delicious this year for all of us.  I have fully invested myself in cooking good, clean food for my entire family. We've always served healthy meals to our girls, but the meals were designed for them and them only. I was a great meal skipper to begin with, and eliminating alcohol with meals was a huge, long adjustment and changed how my husband and I felt about cooking- it felt like a drag to cook.   It is not like that any more.  We make family meals and we take turns.  It has been a year since we changed our eating habits and started making bread every s.i.n.g.l.e day.  My husband was the energy behind the bread making and it improved how we ate our meals. There is always something for everybody when there is fresh bread in the house.  

It took me much longer for me to get on board with family meal planning but I persevered and with the help of Wendy Williams I am feeling really good, really healthy and I am experiencing much joy in the kitchen nowadays. 

This morning I made a second batch of my raspberry & chocolate oatmeal muffins. I never knew I could make something so delicious. I got a little fancier  while they baked and added a batch of strawberry & almond oatmeal muffins with toasted coconut on top.  Life is good. They are for tomorrow's breakfast. 

This is the recipe that I used, but I changed a bit about it. I used coconut oil, grounded flaxseed, 1/2 cup raw sugar, omitted the cinnamon and added raspberries, chocolate, almonds and strawberries instead of blueberries. 

I don't like muffins that taste like cake. 

These, my friends, taste like muffins. 

Time to wash some dishes. 
Nicole


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments kindle my spirit.

Namaste!