Waldorf In The Home

Monday, June 2, 2014

52 Weeks of Nature ~ Garden Work



               Philadelphia in June  22/52   ~ Garden Work


We have been working in the gardens just about everyday for the last several weeks and it feels so over the top satisfying, and sadly very sore. We started a soup garden, and a pizza garden, blueberries, strawberries, and a whole slew of new herbs and a few new rose bushes. Outside is where we love to be- all of us.  My girls have also been working hard in the gardens and inside. They spent the weekend performing in their ballet and music recitals. I am so proud of them.  It was such a nice way to begin the summer. The count down to pool season is at 12, only 12 more days and our urbanized town becomes sort of a resort.  Nice, slow and quiet.  I am also looking forward to the new activities that I have planned for the summer. Ella will learn to handwrite, and start to journal. She is quite the avid reader now and we've picked out some really good books. One in particular is Harry Potter and I've never read it! I will read it aloud and I am so excited. It is going to be a magical summer.  Vivian will spend time with each letter of the alphabet, and will begin copy work.  We will dive into more fairy tales, and do a little form drawing, oh and she is begging me to teach her some card tricks. She wants to read Farmer Boy - again. I don't blame her, but it is just the wrong season for it, right?  Mostly though, we'll play outside, swim, play instruments, chase fireflies and eat good food. What are your summer plans? 

Namaste, Nicole





No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments kindle my spirit.

Namaste!