Waldorf In The Home

Sunday, February 9, 2014

52 Weeks of Nature : The Long Winter

  February In Philadelphia  5/52  Snow
               
              February in Philadelphia 6/52   Ice



This has been a winter that we won't long forget. It has been one adventure after another. I injured my back twice, shoveling the snow, and this last time the injury got the best of me. I was flat on my back for days.

Then came an ice storm and we lost electricity for 3 1/2 days with temps in the low teens. We stayed put and managed just fine, we were just a little cold. Over 800,000 people were without electricity, it was a bit scary. 

It continues to been a long winter. We are expecting two inches of snow this evening. The girls are getting pretty good at shoveling snow and I am grateful. Spaghetti sauce is on the stove cooking, and we all look forward to a warm dinner. 

Nicole

To view previous weeks click here or on 52 Weeks in Nature on my side bar. Donni from The Magic Onions is the inspiration for this photo journal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments kindle my spirit.

Namaste!