Waldorf In The Home

Monday, January 13, 2014

Corner of My Home : My New Cart


 My wool was in creepy plastic bags, smushed into a large basket stuffed in a closet and it just wasn't pretty. I needed a space. One that I could go to and not have to drag everything out time and time again.  I  became inspired by another Mama (on my favorite waldorf Facebook group) who suggested jars to store wool in. Wow! Best suggestion ever! I had to do it, so I did. I bought  some jars and a new cart from Ikea and created a corner just for me.  



This morning Ms. Eva taught us how to needle felt a bird.  Ms. Eva is our handwork friend who visits us on Monday mornings. It is a blessing. Ella and I are doing a block on St. Francis and I thought a felted bird would fit in perfectly. Last year we made these felted bird houses. I love working with wool, so do the girls. However, my cart sat looking pretty for several weeks. I had such anxiety about starting a new project. Does that ever happen to you, you love something but you just get stuck?  Unable to create, yet the desire is there. Yeah,  I am so glad I am over that, at least for now. We will finish the birds next week. I can't wait, they feel so good and warm to hold. 


It was a gem of day. This time last week the polar vortex was coming through and taking all my oil with it and today a week later it was an enjoyable 55 degrees with sunny blue skies. The girls and I spent the rest of the afternoon outside. I was in the flower beds, getting my hands dirty, tidying up and they were riding bikes, playing with friends and being kids.  It felt good. 

Hands. I am thankful for my hands today and blue skies, and Ms. Eva. 
How about you? What are you thankful for today? 

Nicole 

Oh, you may not be able to leave a comment because Google plus is only allowing comments from people who have an Google account. Crazy right?  I have been trying to change this but without any luck. If you would like  to comment and have a Facebook account here is my link: Redbeet Mama.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments kindle my spirit.

Namaste!