Waldorf In The Home

Thursday, December 26, 2013

Festive Orange Salad


This simple and refreshing citrus salad is a perfect side to any meal - especially meals with cheese. I served this orange salad paired with homemade pepperoni & mozzarella cheese bread on Christmas Eve. It was a hit. I also like to pair it up with cheese raviolis, that's how I remember my Dad serving it.  The girls enjoyed helping me make it this year. (I prefer a lot more pepper on the oranges.) It has been a favorite of mine for a long time and yet I have never seen it served elsewhere.  Have you? 

My Dad's recipe: 

3-4 Large California Navel Oranges peeled and sliced
1 can/jar of medium black olives
Good quality olive oil 
Cracked pepper and Sea salt 

     ~After slicing the oranges arrange them nicely on a large platter.
     ~Sprinkle fresh cracked black pepper and sea salt. Be generous.
     ~Drizzle olive oil and let sit for about 30 minutes in room temperature             

       before serving. 

Oh, and don't forget to top with olives. 


Enjoy the goodness. 

Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments kindle my spirit.

Namaste!