Waldorf In The Home

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Hand Felted Birdhouse






The girls and I, with the help of our talented friend Eva, made homes for a very special Jenny Wren and her feathered friends. We wait patiently for their arrival and peek every so often out our kitchen window. 


To make these hand felted birdhouses we used wool roving, balloons, nylons, ribbon and hot soapy water. 



It took patience, it felt warm, the company was good. We massaged the birdhouse for about 30 minutes. 


Plain, simple and fun  - each birdhouse is uniquely beautiful. 


Namaste, Nicole


2 comments:

  1. Those are really cool. I'd put birdhouses in my yard, except that it would pretty much be an invitation for death to the birds. My cat Boogie would stalk the feeder, waiting to pounce on any birds coming to visit it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. We have had really good luck with the birds even though we have a neighbor cat. I almost didn't want to hang them outside because they were so beautiful.

    Thanks for taking the time to say Hello.

    Best, Nicole

    ReplyDelete

Your comments kindle my spirit.

Namaste!