Waldorf In The Home

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Roller Skating ~ 80's Style








A new love, a new obsession all in a day's work. Our skates sat unused since they arrived this past Christmas from Santa.  Today I was inspired to pull them out and let the girls skate inside.  I am so tickled pink that I did because they skated morning, noon and night. Best of all, I played my favorite 80's music really loud and we all loved it. I danced and sang morning,  noon and night. 

Oh yes, I did! 

Blondie's The Tide is High won over with the girls. They kept pressing repeat. I preferred Straight Up from Paula Abdul, makes me smile thinking of that life long, long ago. I remembered all the lyrics and the dance moves. I love to dance and haven't danced in years. The energy in the house was humming!  

I've been sad lately about my girls not being toddlers and babes anymore. Kisses might not make everything better, but it seems that music can, at least for today. 

Make time for your favorite music, it just might make you as happy as it made us. 

And don't be afraid to bust a move. 

Namaste, Nicole






2 comments:

  1. Sounds like the perfect day. It is so good to see kids enjoying some of the greatest things we had as kids. Not to mention the exercise they got that day. Enjoyed your post.
    Skate The Way You Live!
    www.skateoutloud.com

    ReplyDelete

Your comments kindle my spirit.

Namaste!