Waldorf In The Home

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Imbolc Celebration


Today we celebrated Imbolc by making beeswax candles, baking homemade macaroni and cheese, celebrating my Mom's birthday, honoring Brigid, and just being together as a family.





I bought a box of beeswax sheets, and OH how delicious the smell of that beeswax is. It truly blessed us on this cold winter day and reminded us Spring is not far away.  The pads of our fingers warmed the wax and it felt so good to roll the beeswax into candles. After making about ten tapers we went around the house and gathered items to make a beautiful alter for our celebration. We all enjoyed the preparations, we needed something meaningful to work on together. 





Did you know Brigid is the Goddess of Poetry, I didn't realize it myself until today. I guess it explains what happened to me yesterday, she inspired me.  Geir and Ella made dinner that included a tasty cucumber salad, Viv and I made a chocolate pie desert. After dinner we lit some white candles and walked around the yard and placed the candles upon our frozen bird bath. King Frog was happy to see us.  He thanked us for sharing the news that Spring was coming soon. 



Namaste, Nicole

7 comments:

  1. Blessed Imbolc, what a sweet way to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. .OMG I AM IN LOVE WITH YOU AND YOUR FAMILY!!!!!

    This looks absolutely lovely and I can not wait for my little one to be old enough to celebrate with me! Although I am not a stay at home mommy like you (and oh how I wish I could be) I hope to devot the love and family togetherness and memories you create with your family.

    i just LOVE this post!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS: I will havce to show my hubby this post! I am always trying to explain to him what/how I want to celebrate with my peanut and your entry is just my explination!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Autumn and Maaike!

    I am so glad I put forth the effort, we all had a good time, and it felt very meaningful.

    Blessed be, Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful! You are so inspiring in the way your create these wonderful spaces and experiences for your children, I envy your skill!

    ReplyDelete
  6. our girls love making these candles too! I love you blog!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments kindle my spirit.

Namaste!