Waldorf In The Home

Friday, December 23, 2011

Winter Solstice





 


It was such a joy to share this magical and meaningful celebration with our neighbors. I was so touched by the reverence the children displayed, some lighting a candle for the first time. Enchantment was had by all!

We recited this beautiful verse....

Deep Mid-Winter drawing near,
Darkness in our Garden here - -
One small flame yet bravely burns
To show a path which ever turns.
Earth, please bear us as we go,
Seeking Light to send a-glow:
Branches green and moss and fern,
Mark our path to trace each turn.
Brother animals, teach us too
To serve with patience as you do.
We walk with candle toward the Light
While Earth awaits with hope so bright:
In the Light which finds new birth
Love may spread o'er all the Earth.
Deep Mid-Winter drawing near - -
May Light arise in our Garden here. 
                             ~  Nancy Foster


Merry Solstice, 
Nicole

8 comments:

  1. Thank you for inviting us to celebrate solstace with you. It was a magical night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so special!! How did you make the lighted pathway?

    Merry Christmas! :)

    -A

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like such a beautiful celebration, so meaningful and reverent. I'll have to bear this in mind for next year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just beautiful. I love the poem.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our family also gather to celebrate the Winter Solstice, though I forgot my camera! The evergreen spiral was beautiful underneath a stick teepee covered in lights. I think my favorite moment was when all the daddies spontaneously walked the spiral.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are missing in action!! Where have you been? I miss your blog posts!! :)
    -A

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you are well Nicole, just dropping in to say I miss you and your blog! I hope that you are all very well and enjoying life way too much ; )

    ReplyDelete

Your comments kindle my spirit.

Namaste!