Waldorf In The Home

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Watercolor Tuesday - Honey

Local golden honey mixed with a little lemon juice and we have just made our very first Homemade Cough Syrup. It was deliciously sweet and sour and it soothed our throats and quieted our coughs nicely. Making our own medicine was an empowering little lesson on how to help our bodies to feel better with natural ingredients.





To make your own Homemade Cough Syrup all you need is a clean jar with lid, lemons and honey.  Put in as much or as little lemon juice into the honey and stir. We liked ours very lemony. I planned to store the medicine but one of the littles started double dipping and it didn't last a day before it was all gone. They really liked it!


I liked watching them feel better by their own doing.  To celebrate the shorter days we put a candle in the girls room, so each night I  have been reading aloud The Little House in The Big Woods in candle light.   I have dreamed of nights like these, before I even had children and it was just as magical as I had imagined it to be. A huge thanks to my husband for two wonderful  children.

Now off to fill the humidifiers and fix Geir's broken toe.

Namaste!



 

3 comments:

  1. My mother used to make this for us when we were kids, I had forgotten all about it until I read your post. Such a lovely idea, I will remember this for our next winter when the winter ills hit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nicole,
    I'm just catching up on MONTHS worth of posts here on your blog...I've missed checking in with you for so long. I couldn't leave without saying hello and telling you how wonderful you are. Autumn looks beautiful and cozy and gorgeous in your little pocket of the world :) I'm still chuckling over the girls' Cinderella antics. And I'm just pleased to be able to pop over, see that you are still here and striving...very comforting :) Love to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't visited in ever-so-long, and I just can't believe how adorable your little girl is. Really now. The cough syrup is a good thing to have on hand...it seems like it's time I made another batch. Thanks for the reminder.
    xo Jules

    ReplyDelete

Your comments kindle my spirit.

Namaste!