Waldorf In The Home

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Martinmas 2011



We enjoyed a rescheduled Lantern Walk with our dearest friends. Geir and the girls baked homemade cinnamon pumpkin muffins  - from scratch and they were delicious. Our handmade lanterns kept us busy all week .I was able to retell the story of Saint Martin by heart, a mini achievement in the Waldorf world. I also memorized The Star House. I love the eye contact  that I have with the children as I tell the stories.  Our lantern walk was enchanting as we embraced the dark together and shared our light with one another. It takes such mental effort to create the moo,  a  Martinmas lantern walk is one of my favorite Waldorf celebrations. 

May warmth surround you all. Namaste. 

I can't believe a year has gone by take a peek at last year's Lantern Walk. Click here.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely lanterns! We were so cozy indoors after a snowy afternoon that we opted out of our planned lantern walk (just us around our property). And mmmmm, pumpkin cinnamon muffins sound delicious.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments kindle my spirit.

Namaste!