Waldorf In The Home

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Watercolor Tuesday -- Red





Tipperty-toes, the smallest elf,
Sat on a mushroom by himself,
Playing a little tinkling tune,
Under the big round harvest moon;
And this song that Tipperty made,
To sing to the little tune he played:

'Red are the hips, red are the haws,
Red and gold are the leaves that fall,
Red are the poppies in the corn,
Red berries on the rowan tall;
Red is the big round harvest moon,
And red are my new little dancing shoon.'
-Elizabeth Gould

Thank you Nicole from Frontier Dreams for your inspiration. I love reading blogs - and just this morning I finally woke up early enough to indulge in a few and sip hot earl gray tea with milk. I was equally delighted when I  read your post on this Watercolor Tuesday morning. Such a lovely and appropriate poem to add to our watercolor curriculum today! The girls and I have been doing watercolor painting on Tuesdays for what seems like years. I love to hand-write poems on their finish paper and that is what I intend to do after this post, it is very calming and helps me to memorize the poems so I can magically recite them to the girls. Homeschooling ROCKS and so do all my Mama blogger friends!

May tonight's full moon  bless us all with her light. 

Namaste!

4 comments:

  1. I love these sweet pictures and the poem. We've been learning it (with a tune) for the past couple of wks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Julie - feels good to get back to homeschool and engaging one on one with my girls.

    Namaste!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely...thanks for passinf along. We are loving our homeschooling too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. With all the mayhem of our lives recently we haven't indulged in our regular painting sessions, I really miss it!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments kindle my spirit.

Namaste!