Waldorf In The Home

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Watercolor Tuesday -- Autumn Pink













We skipped painting today and traded it in for a day at Longwood Gardens  --- all four of us together.  The girl in the pink was in flower heaven. It was nice to break away from our routine and spend all day surrounded by the true beauty of nature while  being warmed by the tired Autumn sun. I think we are finally starting to feel rested. The flood gave us plenty of work to do and it took away with it a lot of physical and mental rubbish. I feel lighter. Looking up into the evening sky, I again saw a beautiful pink....this time I just let myself enjoy it - all to myself -leaving my camera in my bag. I felt a sad final farewell to my chapter of young motherhood. It hit me -- No more Volvo station wagon or double stroller.  My little ones are growing up, and time wont stop. Looking back at the photos from our last trip here reminds me that I only have this life for a short while, and I plan to enjoy it. Home-life has been restored and a new chapter has begun. I can't wait to turn the next page.

Happy Autumn and take comfort in this relic and favorite tune of mine from Van Morrison.  
 



Namaste!

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow! Absolutely beautiful! I want to go there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love your pictures Your girls are so sweet! :)
    -A

    ReplyDelete

Your comments kindle my spirit.

Namaste!