Waldorf In The Home

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Goddess Wednesday - Water



I am in love with Deepa Mehta's movie "Water". In 2005 this triumphant movie was up for an Oscar nomination and yet I never heard of it until I stumbled upon it at the library. The music and the beautiful scenery is breathtaking and the truth that is exposed is mind boggling.  It is very easy to be judgmental of other people's cultures and mores yet this movie demonstrates how hard it is for a culture to break free from old and very harmful traditions.

I can't wait to be taken in by Deepa's other two films "Heaven on Earth" and "Fire".   They both look like amazing films. Click on the titles to see the trailers. 

After studying Deepa Mehta's I am convinced that she is a fearless Goddess. 





Namaste! 

 







1 comment:

  1. I had never heard of it until I read your blog post, thanks for introducing it to me. I'm sorry to hear of the pain you are suffering due to your illness, and happy that you had some relief as well. I wonder if you have ever heard of Donna Eden? She is an energy medicine practitioner/healer/teacher that healed herself of MS. She used to be in a wheelchair and her doctors told her to get her affairs in order. Anyway, nothing like unsolicited advice/info from a stranger on the internet, but I couldn't help but think of her when I read this post. http://www.innersource.net/em/
    Warmest

    ReplyDelete

Your comments kindle my spirit.

Namaste!