Waldorf In The Home

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Jar of Hearts

 

I love Christina Perri - she is a Rock Star Goddess!  Every time I listen to this  ballad  I feel better. I feel lighter. I feel understood. This unbelievable awesome belt-it-out from your heart song isn't about a boyfriend for me but about the man who was my procreator - and that is all he ever was.  I am happy about that. I feel spared. I have a Dad - had one for as long as I can remember.  I am not biologically his but that never mattered. What I am mad  about,  no furious about is that this man, my procreator, tried to squirm his way back into my life and cause heart ache and drama. I thought he was looking for forgiveness perhaps friendship which I was able to do. But that was not what he was after. He had no one else to share his discontented, "blame your problems on everyone else" life with. I felt tricked. I was tricked. I  was schmoozed. I think all the woman in his life were and that is what makes this my perfect therapy song. 

His jar of broken hearts is filled, and my heart isn't going to be one of them.  


Blessings and inner strength to all,
Nicole

2 comments:

  1. Couldn't have said it better myself! And you should consider yourself lucky (like I do) that your DAD is a great man who deserves the title. Anyone can make a baby, but it takes a real man to be a parent.
    And did you know that Christina Perri is a local girl? She's from Bensalem...her father owns Jay's barber shop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Traci. I do know that she is a local.I went to school with her cousin - who is on FB and that is how I discovered the song.

    This girl is talented. Writes her own music, sings and plays instruments.

    Rock on Traci!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments kindle my spirit.

Namaste!