Waldorf In The Home

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Goddess Wednesday - Recharge Body, Mind & Spirit

A few weeks back I had posted that I wasn't well and I believed I was suffering from fibromyalgia. I made an appointment with this awesome and smart doctor and I was also treated by my favorite  chiropractor and massage therapist. Since then, I have changed my diet and I am taking two herbal supplements; St. John's Wort and Kava-kava. I am also taking calcium and magnesium.   I have been pain free for over five days now. I am able to resume yoga and garden again and walk. Woo-hoo!   I have also learned  what may trigger my pain and I am avoiding those triggers - no MSG  for me. If I had gone to my regular doctor - she would have given me  her "I don't believe fibromyalgia exists, but I can write you a pharmaceutical script." I don't care what this crippling pain is called I just want relief without harsh pain medication. I found comfort from a doctor who will treat my body, mind and spirit.

Now that I am forty, a recharge and a new doctor was exactly what I needed. Thank you all who have sent me well wishes and suggestions and a BIG  thanks to Mary who introduced me to Dr. Fuller. 

Namaste.

3 comments:

  1. So glad to hear you are feeling better! It is amazing what having the right doctor can do for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad the herbs and the other changes you've made are making a difference.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful that you are finding some relief. One of the best decisions we made regarding our family health was switching to a D.O. She treats holistically and homeopathically but can also prescribe allopathic medicine if absolutely necessary. (I only wish that we had done it sooner.) I am glad you found a doctor who listened and was able to help.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments kindle my spirit.

Namaste!