Waldorf In The Home

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Goddess Wednesday - On Thursday

 

Yesterday I was up against major fatigue and pain in my legs. I went to bed early in hopes of feeling better today and I do even if it is just a little bit better - I'll take it. I have just about all the symptoms of fibromyalgia. I am seeing a new doctor next week. The good news is that this morning I had three glorious hours to myself. I took a long Epsom salt bath, caught up on some reading and found this beautiful video that has inspired me for the upcoming Solstice. I feel excited about all the ideas that I have in my head to celebrate this year. Simple things, like letting the little ones stay up late to catch fireflies. Eating delicious food. Being with people I love. Sitting around a bonfire singing songs in the backyard. Meditating. Resting. Helping the faeries feel welcome so that they may leave a little gift for the little ones in the morning.  It has been a busy year since the last summer  solstice .

My wish that I made that magical night, almost one year ago,  came true. 






It wasn't by intention or magic only, it was a lot of hard work. We fell in love with this home (and mud room). We have planted our roots and there is no place that we rather be. I am grateful for the journey and I now see the humor in where we lived before; a luxury condo. Puh! I suppose self humor is the best medicine!

If you haven't already thought to do it, share your wish with the universe. Write it down on a piece of paper and place it in your bonfire. (or burn  by candle light outside) Watch the smoke rise above the flames, and enjoy all that is now and honor all that you hope for.    


Blessed be.
Nicole






5 comments:

  1. *hugs* I just shared on my blog that I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia a few weeks ago. I hope you find relief soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Solstice Idea Nicole! Thanks for always being so inspiring....now go take care of You...feel better :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry to hear you're suffering from physical pain. Have you considered (or tried) going 100% gluten-free? Before I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease, fibromyalgia was about the best possible diagnosis anyone offered me. When I went 100% (I can't even pick a crouton off a salad) gluten-free, my symptoms disappeared. I know it doesn't work for everyone, but I felt my diagnosis was such a blessing. I hope you can get some relief for this pain, and please let me know if there's anything I can do. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you are feeling better now and enjoyed this year's solstice. May your wish come true again. i love your mudroom!!

    Thank you for your sweet comment the other day too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Nicole,
    Stopping by to wish you en glad midsommar! We were away for midsommar and so I come to this space late to wish you and yours a wonderful summer and year. I'm so glad your wish came true. what a beautiful place to call home and have roots. Here's sending you healing wishes and blessings. Oh and big hugs too.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments kindle my spirit.

Namaste!