Waldorf In The Home

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Goddess Wednesday - New Moon


Following the moon phases helps me put my ideas into perspective. Another chance to try again or try something new. Checking in with myself - my inner goddess - is she ok?  I am ok. It took a scramble but I was able to put the hens in their coop - they put up a nice fight. I hope they learn to do it by themselves  when the next new moon comes around. I have faith. 


A new moon allows me to let go of thoughts of what I haven't done and instead reminds me to look forward to what I am going to do.  Setting intentions is a sacred act, just as it is noticing our goddess selves. Both take energy and time, but not much time  - you just have to allow it. 

(click on the photo for a close up view)
 My intention for this new moon is to read the tower of books that I have intended to read for  months - I am going to read right here in this spot after our morning hours in the sunshine. I also intend on waking up at five in the morning which means I better get to bed. I have other  intentions but I can't tell you - kind of like not sharing wishes. But I can tell you that I am looking forward to establishing  our summer routine - what are you looking forward to?

Happy New Moon! May you be very kind to yourself. 

Namaste, Nicole

7 comments:

  1. I would really like to start following the moon... thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicole...that reading area is awesome...You must love your new house...I wish I could de-clutter my life and have a sanctuary like you have pictured here...Enjoy.
    Arlene

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kollene - following the moon can be so very interesting. You'll start to notice changes in yourself as the moon waxes and wanes. Enjoy.

    Arlene - you CAN - devote a day and a little bit of time and soon you will be sitting pretty in your new reading spot.

    Love & Light, Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh nicole ... what a lovely and positive space to read in .... yes the new moon has found me in a space where i am checking in with my goddess .... haven't taken enough time for her lately... an early morning meditation really helped me look forward to my 5 am wakings when i first started... that was ummm.... 11 years ago ! yikes -- time flies ...
    light and love to you ..
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a good space for reading...and staring out the window daydreaming...What is meant by following the moon exactly? If it involves reading stacks of books on a monthly basis, count me in! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Autumn Mama - been awhile - missed you. Glad the new moon found you thinking of yourself.

    Sara - learning about the Moon phases is interesting. You can learn a lot about yourself at the same time. Google moon phases - and maybe get a book about it to add to your pile.

    Much love, Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy new moon to you. I usually make a dream board on the full moon and in sets such a great mood for the month to come,

    ReplyDelete

Your comments kindle my spirit.

Namaste!