Waldorf In The Home

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Watercolor Tuesday -- Coloring Naturally

Vivian's favorite thing to do is to pick flowers. 
She studies them and wants to know the name of each one.
I am learning right along with her, I love her passion for flowers. 
                  
By the end of our walk we had a basket filled with beautiful soft petals and two tired little girls. I put them in for quiet time , made a cup of tea and set out thick watercolor paper, rounded the edges of course, and when the girls woke up we explored making colors by rubbing the petals on the paper. 
It was magical. The pinks turned to purple. 

Vivian was not please with this project at all. She could not understand why anybody would want to smush the flowers and ruin them - after one try she had enough. She grabbed her basket and set out to replace the flowers that we had ruined. 
Ella and I on the other hand enjoyed smushing and rubbing the petals - pansies and azalea petals worked the best. The paper was colored so beautifully, so naturally and so thoughtfully- perfect for thank you notes. 


Namaste, Nicole

6 comments:

  1. I wondered why your blog was absent for awhile...we all need a break and it sounds like you have it back and in perspective. Kudos to you. Your children are beautiful and you are creating beautiful souls to go with them. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Arlene. Life is interesting. Always love your comments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are very brave to share your story. I'm glad to hear that you have been able to not let this person ruin your beautiful nature. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not sure I am brave - just honest. If I went back and read this blog entry of why I haven't been posting - I wanted to read the truth.

    XO!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing so honestly. I think it is important that we chronicle some of the tough stuff as well as the up times, that is real life and needs to be honoured too. I hope that you are feeling ok about things, all sounds a bit sad and I feel for you. But you have created a wonderful world for you and your girls, even if someone peeks in the window it is nowhere close to the warmth of your heart and spirit. That can't be taken, only given.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable photographs and retailing of this wondrous activity. Your blog posts are always inspiring.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments kindle my spirit.

Namaste!