Waldorf In The Home

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Stretching Her Wings



Vivian has spent many afternoons watching her Big Sister in ballet class.  I promised her that when she turned three she could go to ballet too. Being true to my word off she went without as much as turning back to get a reassuring kiss.
  She was thrilled with the experience and exclaimed "I told you Mom, I can do it, and you didn't know that." I am so silly. It's true. She is my little bird - who likes to twirl.  She gave me a kiss later - out of the blue, I knew what is was for. She is stretching her wings and I am letting her.

I love you Viv!
Namaste!

3 comments:

  1. Oh I loved this!
    What a great moment. Must've made you a little sad though...your baby is growing up.
    Love the ballet bag too...I remember that bag!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Traci. Yes, I had no idea that that bag would become my daughter's ballet bag.

    It is very hard to slow down when children grow up so fast.

    I am not sad at all - I think my true calling is for three and older!

    Namaste!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And that's what wings are for......to be stretched. She looks so adorable in her little leotard.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments kindle my spirit.

Namaste!