Waldorf In The Home

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Goddess Wednesday - Second Cup of Tea

Our new practice of reserving a second cup of tea, for later in the morning, has been a life changing. My dear husband makes tea and coffee every  morning, and he started making me a reserve tea. Hot, milky and sweet. Nectar for my Goddess self. I can take it anywhere with me.  Today I had it in my garden, and later I finished it on my desk. I am loving my second cup of tea in the morning. 
  I find it so satisfying that by just having a little bit of warm Earl Grey tea with milk and sugar makes me so happy and calm. 
For the little Goddesses in training they refreshed our offering to our Mother Goddess (a beautiful gift from my mother)  with dried lavender, roses and chamomile.

The word Goddess has so many meanings to so many different people. Out of curiosity I googled the word Goddess and here are some images that I found. I really liked  this one and this one! I loved looking at all the different interpretations. See for yourself. I especially this one  and by the way, she isn't me, but good for her. A Goddess, is to me a woman who takes good care of her self and others and creates a nourishing, loving environment and has fun doing it.  My second cup of tea helps me do just that. What helps you?

Before you leave stop here  maybe make a cup or two of tea and  listen to this beautiful Goddess music. 

Blessed Be.

5 comments:

  1. That second cup of tea sounds like a reason to get out of bed with a smile!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a perfect idea. I always need a second cup at about 10:30. Making two cups at 6:30 sounds like a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Nicole,
    I found you. I love my second cup of coffee as for Earl Grey I love it with milk and brown sugar, the type one uses for baking. A long time ago I tripped while carrying the brown sugar and a little bit fell into my tea. It was divine tasting and I haven't looked back since.
    Love the Goddess music. So Beautiful. Thanks for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Nicole,
    I found you. I love my second cup of coffee as for Earl Grey I love it with milk and brown sugar, the type one uses for baking. A long time ago I tripped while carrying the brown sugar and a little bit fell into my tea. It was divine tasting and I haven't looked back since.
    Love the Goddess music. So Beautiful. Thanks for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hah - yes the first cup is made around 6:30 here too. The second cup I need by 10. If I have to "make" it - then it usually stays steeping until it gets cold and the enjoyment is gone.

    I use Raw sugar in my tea - love the molasses taste in it too.

    Namaste!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments kindle my spirit.

Namaste!