Waldorf In The Home

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Watercolor Tuesday - Yellow


Yellow usually means slow down, but in April it means new life and full speed ahead in the gardens. It has been such a creative month for me. I taught myself needle felting! I am so in love with the process and the girls are eager recipients of my creations. I have also been working on creating a calm and peaceful space for our school room. I will soon take photos and share.  I am  having so much fun with the space that I created - and it is so nice not to have to clean up - we just leave our handwork and come back to it when we are ready. It is heavenly! I am still diligently reading Steiner's book "How To Know Higher Worlds". Click the link and you can read it for free. I am really fascinated with this book. Maybe you will join me? 

This month started with yellow forsythias and ended with two chicks named Nancy and Flower Girl. Yes we are going to raise chickens in our backyard!

Namaste!

4 comments:

  1. Hi, lovely! I've been under a rock for the past couple of months and just popped over to catch up...I had to go way back to February! Happy belated birthday to Miss V and Happy Spring to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Nicole ! a new school room... i loved doing this for my children when they were small ... now 11 and 13 - they still love their little fairy nooks to study.... what a creative time you are having --so lovely -- i would love to hear what you think of the book - it is facinating isn't it?
    light and peace to you ....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for chickens! We are raising them in our backyard for the first time this year too. Thanks for entering my giveaway...I don't know how to make the stars yet, that's why I got the book ( I got two by mistake) hence the giveaway. I love your little one's bonnet...did you make it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm looking forward to reading more about your homeschooling experience and your newly designed space : )

    ReplyDelete

Your comments kindle my spirit.

Namaste!