Waldorf In The Home

Monday, April 11, 2011

Corner of My Home - Mud Kitchen


Here is a little peek of what the girls have been up to outside in the corner of our garden. They have been making the best forsythia brownies, wild garlic meatloaf and pinecone salad that I ever did have.  I was inspired by Bluebirdbaby to get to the thrift store, buy muffin pans, cake pans, spatulas and lots of bowls. I spent very little money. We  had a wood plank and some bricks and ta-da Chef Vivy and Ella opened their doors. The atmosphere was pleasant and relaxing, service was top-notch but the seating...not so much - we are still working on  that.  The little ones  have been putting in long hours, (and I have been getting a lot of gardening done!) so I can not speak enough praise about this muddy endeavor - it is so worth the investment! 

I am looking for other ideas for creating a Waldorf-style outdoor play space. Please leave me link to what you have in your garden for your little ones. Earlier today we sowed some moon-flower seeds to make a Moon tepee and we added more tree stumps to our gathering spot.  I also dug up some logs and reset them to be used as balance beams. As the saying goes...."you already have what you need you just have to learn how to use it."

I look forward to your links and inspiration.

Namaste!
 

 

2 comments:

  1. Oooh,I love it! We just made an outdoor mud pie kitchen the other week. http://simple-whimsy.blogspot.com/2011/04/outdoor-mud-pie-kitchen.html The girls have been having so much fun! I'm now on the lookout for some tree stumps for the girls to play with (an idea I got from a parent-child program at our local waldorf school). And now that the weather is getting nicer, we will be making a large sand pit area as well. Have you read the books, "Children at Play: Using Waldorf Principles to Foster Childhood Development" and "Heaven on Earth: A Handbook for Parents of Young Children?" Both have lots of ideas for creating both indoor and outdoor waldorf inspired play environments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful space! Your yard looks divine.

    Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I've missed connecting with all my blog friends.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments kindle my spirit.

Namaste!