Waldorf In The Home

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Watercolor Tuesday - Orange


To celebrate Spring Equinox we made Orange Bird Feeders to welcome home the birds and in particular a very large Robin Mama.  I had printed this  orange idea out last year and it was the perfect -- go to -- since I had all the materials we needed and because  I hadn't much time to prepare anything else to celebrate this special day. 


It also tied nicely in with Vivian's new book The Sun Egg. A new favorite of mine.  The little ones really like Elf and I could tell that they were  a bit surprised of the story line. A lot of snickering went on and their curiosity was generously feed by both the storyline and illustrations. A keeper for sure. 

Take a peek at us creating our orange bird feeders. 


Of course we had to dress up for the occasion. 


Squeezing and tasting the fresh orange juice - simply divine.


 I really loved making these this bird feeders, and so did the little ones. A perfect rainy day activity packed with Vitamin C! The process of making these spoke to all our senses  and wow! - so delightful - sweet and sticky and delicious. I found that making these bird feeders was a beautiful way to express our love for all of  the gifts Mother Nature is about to unfold on us. I encourage you to make one, you'll be glad you did.

   

Namaste! Nicole

7 comments:

  1. What a wonderful idea! We shall get some oranges, twine, and birdseed very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your orange bird feeders! And what darling little girls you have, dressed up for the occasion. Sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We just came back from Florida with a bag full of fresh oranges. We will definitely be doing this! Thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Namaste! Beautiful Mama
    What a sweet spring project
    Oh the juice, soo good.
    We love The Sun Egg too!
    Happy Spring!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Namaste! Beautiful Mama
    What a sweet spring project
    oh that juice looks so gooood
    We love The Sun Egg too!
    Happy Spring to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so envious of your clean earth! We are a few weeks behind I think, not quite in mud territory yet. I'm looking forward to the full blossoming of spring!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful find here at the exact right moment! We read this very book just today and I love extending the story into the craft for the birds. Brilliant! I love it so much I want to link it up on my blog...I tried to email you and ask but alas, my computer couldn't reach your email. I hope it's ok!? Love visiting:)
    xo Jules

    ReplyDelete

Your comments kindle my spirit.

Namaste!