Waldorf In The Home

Friday, February 4, 2011

Winged Visitors


It took three weeks for the winter birds to find our window feeder . 

 
We can see them but they can't see us. The girls can get real close and watch them...if they are quiet. It is fun. We cleaned out one of our hair brushes and left out our hair for the birds...it'll keep their babies warm. Extra ribbon is also fun to put out and later find it in a bird nest in our backyard. Ella and Vivian take turns scooping out the birdseed. A new thing to do together and enjoy it.

It is still very icy here, the little ones are tucked into bed, and today another dream came true. 

Namaste!

5 comments:

  1. I read an essay once about a mom who would put her daughter's hair outside for the birds to use. She was lucky enough to find (and keep) a nest they had made with the girls' hair in it. Where did you get your feeder?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love watching the birds. I gave up on feeders after we moved to Texas because I simply could not keep the squirrels out. Don't get me wrong, I like squirrels, but it's the birds I want to feed. We have seven oak trees so the squirrels have plenty of food! Today it occurred to me that a feeder in the front yard would probably work so I'm going to try again.

    Dreams coming true is a good thing. Glad to hear it was a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you get lots of birds visiting you! I love your new header :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have a window feeder that has yet to be discovered! I hope those feathered babes find it soon! 9

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet way to tempt the little visitors! +Chelsea

    ReplyDelete

Your comments kindle my spirit.

Namaste!