Waldorf In The Home

Friday, December 17, 2010

Frugal Friday - Ironing Board



About three weeks ago I found this beautiful wood ironing board at a local consignment shop. I have been admiring the ones in the pretty Waldorf catalogs, hoping to put one under the tree - but when I spotted this one with a price tag of ten bucks - it was mine. The girls were with me and they were very delighted to help carry this to our car. It needed to be sanded so Ella and her Dad got right to it, while I put Vivy down for a nap.   This is exactly the kind of toy that brings such warmth and joy into our home. 


We found the perfect spot for it! It has become extra counter space for the just baked felted cookies, it is often a changing table for the wee ones and sometimes it is just an ironing board. One of the girls will find an iron in her stocking! I suppose I should iron a bit more - so they'll both know what to do with it. 


Namaste!

 

6 comments:

  1. It is absolutely beautiful Nicole, what a great find. (my girls would no know what one was for either I don't think, lol)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great find! The spot you chose for it is just perfect, too! Don't you just love going to the thrift stores? It is like a little treasure hunt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My gram had a toy ironing board and it was one of my favorite things to play with! Now, it wasn't the safest thing...it was metal, came from the 50's, and there was also a miniature plug in iron, so I would often help her by ironing the smaller linens. I'm probably lucky to be alive, lol, but it sure was fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just took my little one today to a local historical park. They have a visitor center there where one corner is sectioned off and it set up for children to play with. It's funny because it actually looks like the play area of many Waldorf homes with everything from wooden and metal kitchen accessories to a tot sized ironing board. My daughter enjoyed playing with everything so much that I was just wishing I could provide her those things without paying the high prices in the catalogs. How lucky you were to find such a great item at that price!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic find! Isn't it great when stuff like this comes along? Yay you!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments kindle my spirit.

Namaste!