Waldorf In The Home

Monday, November 22, 2010

Putting the Pieces Back Together


This is what I found when I came out to check up on the girls -- a gluey repair job to our front stone porch. It struck me as brilliant and I had to take a snap shot. This is the kind of moment that happens when you give children the gift of time. The girls were very proud of their handy work even though all the pieces didn't quite fit.
 

That is how life is sometimes -  a perfect metaphor for the past week I have endured. A canceled wedding anniversary celebration, a handstand that went terribly wrong, a horrific accident that Ella witnessed at her outdoor program, and then the knock on the door - depression is here. None of this fits into my life - but yet here it is. For the girls it was a bottle of glue that made everything better - for me it has been my husband. He's been there holding it all together while I try to make the pieces fit. But perhaps I should take the girls lead and not go after perfection - just do my best and give myself some time.
 
Namaste!

7 comments:

  1. I love this Nicole. Very creative girls you have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh lovely lady .... i am sorry you've had a sad week. It can be so hard to endure these times. Yeah for your girls .... resiliant and strong... children are sooo amazing- my work with them means so much to me.... "perfection" is a funny thing most of the time it is unattainable anyway... sometimes it is a mere decision away- not a destination -but a decision....that something is "perfect enough" I know this because a i am a perfectionist of the worst kind... this is my mantra "Excellence is attainable... perfection will disappoint everytime." I hope this helps..
    light and peace to you and yours

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whatever is there, just try to remember that this too shall pass. It is wonderful that you have your loving husband to hold you up and ground you, and your beautiful girls to inspire you. Sending you cyber-hugs and positive energy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the girls' work...and the metaphor you've drawn...looking at the photo makes me think of the term "rough patch". Thinking about you and sending love to help you get through your rough patch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. sending you love ~ how blessed you are to share in life with a man who walks with you through the rough patches. my mantra lately ... I am enough. seems to help. xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your words touched me and for that I am grateful. Amazing how this works - but I dare not question it.

    Much love, Nicole

    ReplyDelete

Your comments kindle my spirit.

Namaste!