Waldorf In The Home

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Feathers

In honor of the Indians on this Thanksgiving Day I made the girls feathered ribbons with wooden beads and a fish bead symbolizing the generosity of the Native American Indians. The girls were excited to wear these fancy feathers and  were particularly interested in drumming, dancing and singing like the Indians. We have been having pow wows all week. 

I leave you with this Native American Quote. 

 
Grown men can learn from very little children
for the hearts of the little children are pure.
Therefore, the Great Spirit may show to them
many things which older people miss.
Black Elk

 Namaste!

5 comments:

  1. Love the quote, it couldn't be more true : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. dolls! they are such little dolls!!!
    and look at the very graceful toe point in the reflection in the first full body photo....beautiful!!!
    love the quote, too, lovely lady!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello!
    I'm so happy to have discovered your beautiful blog. Thank you for inviting me and others into your sweet home life. Looking forward to reading through your archives!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very pretty. Your little girl is so sweet. I can't get anything in my little boys hair.. not even a comb.

    She's precious.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments kindle my spirit.

Namaste!