Waldorf In The Home

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Michaelmas - Our Little Dragon


I have been busy taming our family's little dragon. At two and a half, she knows her strength, breaths fire and protests to all that I ask of her. She has made me a very good and very tired Dragon Slayer - as I try very hard to gently guide her through her difficult and determined ways and not break her spirit. 

Tonight, I hang my cloak, made a cup of tea and resign that there is a  little dragon living in our house. Accepting this truth is half the battle,... right? 

If by chance you don't know about Michaelmas - stop by here and enjoy. It is a wonderful celebration.

Namaste!

5 comments:

  1. But such a cute little dragon! That costume looks familiar ;) It's a balancing act - keeping the dragon in line without breaking her spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! We have reading Dragon Boy by Donald Samson. There, dragons cannot be slayed, but tamed. There are secret words, ..you and I are one, we be of one heart...
    I have a little 3 year old dragon here sometimes. He too can breathe fire!

    ReplyDelete
  3. adorable picture.....we are all crankiness and clinging-to-mommy here....and mini 14 1/2 month old temper tantrums, too. I am reminding myself that one day, W may not want me to hold him every second...and that I should savour this time....yes....off to bed for me, I'm tired!!!! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just discovered your blog and it is a very lovely place to be! You are a very talented, busy mama! I look forward to reading your posts!

    ~Samantha

    ReplyDelete

Your comments kindle my spirit.

Namaste!