Waldorf In The Home

Monday, October 4, 2010

Corner Of My Home - Dreamy Workplace


A room where anything can be anything and anyone can be anybody. It is a dreamy place where a fairy house can be built, lemonade sold, and gymnasts crowned. Ella spends more time in here than Vivian and most times Ella likes to keep the door closed. I am not sure if it is to keep Vivian out or to have the freedom and privacy to express herself. When I am blessed with the opportunity to over hear her I feel a deeper understanding of who she is and what she is working out in her mind. It is very endearing. Children have a lot to process and lucky for them they get to play it out with their own scenarios. You might just say this is Ella's work room. 

Vivian likes to be close by to her Mama - which is age-appropriate, she is two and a half.  She is the best helper and loves to water the flowers. I like having Vivian underfoot - I will miss that deeply one day. I am feeling a strong urge to have another baby.   I don't think that feeling will ever go away. I can't always listen to my heart - I also have to listen to my body and my husband. I am treasuring the time I have with my little ones now and I am enjoying the sleep that their ages have granted me.    

I spent much of the afternoon sitting with a bunch of books and creating a new rhythm for us. Perhaps I'll share what I come up with in a future post. So many things have changed - a new house, a new season and two wee-bit older girls.

I feel inspired - how about you?

Namaste!

11 comments:

  1. I love that room, too.

    I'm feeling inspired lately, too. Though I claim to not be a fan of change, this summer to fall transition has me feeling pretty good! (But I'm still sad about summer ending!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are so kind and thoughtful! ::blushing:: We are so very excited for another little one....I think about it every day....
    3 is a magic number, i think:)
    and, your space is BEAUTIFUL. I love it. can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I love that little space, just beautiful! You have no idea how much of a nerve that has hit with me, having another baby that is. I have such a strong desire to have another, while also enjoying the small pockets of time that thier current age provides me with. Best of luck with your decision, whatever it is, I know if its anywhere near as tricky as mine is then you will need all the positive thoughts you can get xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely place to work and play. I totally understand wanting another baby with your heart but needing to listen to other things! I often think I would love to have a 5th child, but my two youngest are getting old enough to do so many fun things with that I don't always know if I want to go back to mothering an infant.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Inspired indeed! What a lovely room:)
    xo
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. è bello avere una stanza per le proprie passioni !!Bello il tuo blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! Ella's room is magical. I love the light...

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful and inspiring space to explore her imaginary world : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. I feel inspired, too! Right now by your space! Gorgeous lucky you!
    Lately by my own family, space, organization, and learning. Seems I get this way at each shift of seasons and rhythms.
    Nicola

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful play space! Your home is lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments kindle my spirit.

Namaste!