Waldorf In The Home

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Watercolor Tuesday -- Thirsty Flowers


It has only rained once in the last 23 days here in Pennsylvania. It is very crunchy outside. A few days ago Ella and I picked some flowers that survived our current drought. We gave them to Vivian when she woke up -- flowers make Vivian very happy. Every afternoon while Vivian naps, Ella  and I spend time together naming flowers, trees, plants, digging in dirt, riding bikes, climbing trees -- she doesn't want to come inside.  She even insisted that she nap outside. 


She is enjoying the freedom of her new home. One minute she is climbing a tree and the next she is snuggling on the couch with me while I read aloud our newest chapter book "The Farmer Boy." Click here to check out this cool website for Little House on the Prairie fans. There is so much to incorporate into our homeschooling adventure with these precious books. 



As for me, I am also enjoying the freedom this house has given our family. Life is completely different here. It is what I dreamed of and yet I am suprised of the time it is taking for me to adjust and find my inner rhythm. This weekend we carved out a space for my desk. My husband did something to make the internet  less frustrating and I am happy that I now have a space to create, communicate and  be inspired. What inspires you?
Namaste.

9 comments:

  1. I feel the same way...my garden is pathetic...my flowers are crying...I can't keep up with their demands of water and things are dying. Usually they have their last hurrah when the cooler weather hits us and are so vibrant and beautiful before they wither away and give way to winter...however, my flowers are sad. Your dauther Ella is precious with her love of the outdoors and the picture of her napping outside is priceless.
    Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad that you're loving your new home so much. I've been searching for both a desk and a a spot to put it in my home lately. Having my own workspace is important, and I don't have that right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy fall to you! your little ones are so incredibly beautiful....little angel faces! Glad to hear that you're settling in and all is well:)
    What inspires me? The weather! The fact that everything in nature, essentially, is dying a slow death....but it's so gorgeous. I love how it works out that way! I feel like it's nature's way of reminding us that life goes on, and so do we. A friend of mine just lost a baby this past week...I've been doing some thinking, with a very heavy heart...
    also, always inspirational...all of the blogs which I read every morning, instead of cleaning and doing laundry...but it is time well spent!
    :hugs:

    ReplyDelete
  4. What inspires me? hhhmmmmmm... farms, goats, grass between my toes, buzzing bees, and lovely papers to play with! The post is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How nice that you now have a spot for you desk. Thank you for the link to the books, I will be checking those out from the library this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your own workspace is so essential. Glad to hear yours is coming along.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the Little House link...we're just getting started on Little House next week!
    Oh getting settled is just such a lovely feeling...I find even years after being in this house, we're still settling in, moving things around and getting it "just right"!
    What inspires me? Well, in this moment it's bloggers like you!
    Bless all of us bloggin' mammas!
    xo maureen

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so so so happy for you. You sound relaxed and content and your girls look the same!
    Nicola

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for the endearing responses to my post.
    It is true - we all need a spot to call our own.

    Blogging and reading blogs and receiving comments is my inspiration in leading a honest and happy life.

    Blessed be! Nicole

    ReplyDelete

Your comments kindle my spirit.

Namaste!