Waldorf In The Home

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Watercolor Tuesday - Slip & Slide


Playing with water in our own backyard - a dream realized. As I leave my custom condo with a huge soaking tub and new everything (which equals to diddly squat) except for the tub which will be the only thing I miss - My family and I enter into a 110 year old homestead. A big stone house with a big yard full of weeds I mean gardens and a lovely old fashion neighborhood. I am in love and  I too played in water today  - a bucket full of water and cleaned two very dirty windows with only 23 more to go. If I think too much on the number of windows I start to panic...how am I going to dress them all?!#! And what will it cost?! Then the screaming and whining starts and I am brought back to two little girls who feel unsure about all that is unfolding - yet so terribly excited. So after some of my own yelling and screaming -  and a few deep exhales a friend offered to take Ella and I settled Vivian in for a nap. I took a long salted bath, then sipped a cup of tea and made a sign from the little ones watercolor paper collection and wrote "Slow down and enjoy the process." I put it by the sink - so I will be reminded a few times a day of this very important detail that I often overlook when I am so excited. I am overwhelming myself. I need to stop and become aware of what my ultimate goal is - to create a loving home, yes, but more importantly to have a happy family. Oh dear, I need help. Perhaps a squirt of Rescue Remedy and a good night's sleep will do the trick. 
 
Thank you all for the many blessing you have sent to me and my family. 

Much love and Namaste!

7 comments:

  1. So exciting!! You'll dress the windows that you absolutely have to be covered and wait on the others. Ikea has reasonably priced curtains and they are so long that I've made two sets out of one. Congrats :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The windows, the dust and the weeds will be there tomorrow...always enjoy today...cause you never know what tomorrow will bring.
    Have a great time in your home.

    Arlene

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicole,

    Your new home sounds wonderful. I'm sure it will take a little time for everyone to adjust, but once you do you will be forever grateful for making this move. I can hardly wait to see more pictures as y'all settle in.

    Marianna

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds like a beautiful space....weeds, dirt, and all:) excited for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love to you Nicole:)
    It sounds like you have moved into the most wonderful family home, enjoy your new journey.
    xo
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Best of luck settling in! We've been in our house for 1.5 years and the windows still aren't done. Enjoy the summer outdoors! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoy this special time! Congrats on your new space!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments kindle my spirit.

Namaste!