Waldorf In The Home

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Little House on the Prarie


I felt  inspired by my new house to post this song - I love the memories it brings me of my childhood and the memories the chapter books are creating for Ella. We just finished reading "Little House in The Big Woods." Ella is amazed that Pa built his family a home and has shown deeper appreciation for all that is provided her. I'd love to write a longer commentary about all the amazing discussions Ella and I had while reading this book and how much she and I learned together - but I wouldn't be doing myself any favors - I am tired and I need to honor that and get some sleep - I've got windows to clean and little ones to enjoy. 

Namaste!

4 comments:

  1. We talked about those books last time we were together and I was looking for them at the library. What's the first one we should start with? Malayna loves books on CD lately.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Nicole, ifyouonly knew how in love my whole family is with those books!! Almost everyday K pretends to be Mary,C is baby Carrie and dh and I are Ma and Pa. I love it so much! We plan on building our own log cabin our next move (in 4 years), we can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember these books from my childhood and I look forward to reading them to my girls in a few years

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adored that show, just as so many of our generation did. Congratulations on your new home and I love hearing that Ella is enjoying listening. Already done with kindergarten, my girl isn't so big into chapter books, but it is probably time to try again, as we are doing our library's summer reading program. I still have the entire set from when I was a child. Ranks up there with the Anne of Green Gables set for me.
    Nicola

    ReplyDelete

Your comments kindle my spirit.

Namaste!