Waldorf In The Home

Friday, August 27, 2010

Frugal Friday - A Bike for Ella!


Our new life in a pedestrian town! We can walk and now ride our bikes to the farmer's market, library, playground, bakery and our favorite consignment shop - which is where we found this lucky bike. The price tag was $38 bucks - more than I wanted to spend so we passed it up and walked further down to the bike shop to browse their selection. Window shop. Ella's 5th birthday is coming up and a bike is on her wish list. A pink one to be exact. Turns out that the same bike, new, is worth $228.00!!! We wasted no time and turned back to buy this beauty. It is a solid cruiser. Last year we bought Ella a Skutt for her 4th birthday and it was promised that she would not need training wheels when she was ready for a peddle bike -- and they were right! After two days she is riding solo.  Life is good in our new homestead and neighborhood.

Here she is - our new home. 

It is good to be back in blog-land - I can't wait to catch up with one and all. 

Namaste!

10 comments:

  1. beautiful home!!!!!! I am so happy for you:)
    and that is one nice looking bike...! I am sure she will get some good use out of it:)
    glad to see you're back! ::hugs;:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome Back Nicole...I did miss reading your blog ...I love your house ..it looks like it has alot of character...I hope your plumbing didn't cost you too many tears...
    Your daughters pink bike is awesome. I hope you enjoy every minute of your home...every corner.
    Arlene

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely house and wonderful bargain bike. I wondered where you'd gotten to, glad you are back :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your new home is gorgeous! How col that you'll be able to walk pr bike places in your new town. The little bike is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Consignment shops rock!!! Love the bike and your house looks gorgeous. It looks like mine...is it a colonial? Mine was built in 1880. I love old homes. Can't wait to see more of yours! Welocome back! Oh I am having a Vintage Giveawy on my blog...enter if you can!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your new house is gogeous!! And the new bike is just as fantastic, especially at the bargain price.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome back! Your new house looks beautiful!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I feel so happy for your family. What beautiful times you are having in that gorgeous home. Best wishes to you all Nicole.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your new house is just gorgeous! Trying not to be super jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful home. congrats to you!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments kindle my spirit.

Namaste!