Waldorf In The Home

Monday, August 30, 2010

Corner of My Home - Future School Room


I love this room - the sun lightens it all day long - each window taking a turn. I can't wait to unpack the boxes and hit up yard sales to furnish it - decorate it - make memories and teach. I want it ready now - but I am fighting the "want it now" urge - I am giving myself the gift of time. I am teaching myself and my family to enjoy the process. This deliberate act does not come naturally to me but I am achieving it (with many sighs, and overwhelming thoughts) but it is working and I am happier for it - we all are.  The little ones do not need a perfectly set up house - what they need is a Mama who is happy and  not chasing after the next box to unpack and for that say "There's No Place Like OM." The place where I go when the perfectionist  in me wants it all done and time and little ones stand in the way."


 To that end I add a corner in my home that makes me very happy. My Mother gave me this beautiful wicker plant stand that once belonged to her  Grandmother. I filled it with lavender and sometimes when I walk by I pick some pieces off and I take in the lovely scent - a gentle reminder that life is good. 

Namaste!




11 comments:

  1. What a lovely space, good on you for breathing out, cheers Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. That wicker planter is in great shape! What a nice gift. By the way, that is probably my favorite room in your house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. it will surely be a lovely place where many wonderful things happen! I am so looking forward to hearing about your homeschooling discoveries....your girls are so lucky to have you as their teacher!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE it! There's no place like "om"! I might just have to make a sign to hang above our door!
    Good luck with the organizing and unpacking...we've been in our house for 5 years now, and I find we're still figuring out how to best use our "smallish" space...it evolves constantly mainly because we avoided the urge to just "get it done, and buy buy buy".
    xo maureen

    ReplyDelete
  5. How exciting! We are planning to homeschool our little girls too. Can't wait to see what you do with that space. I love the lavender box idea! Will you change it up each season?

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is funny how having little ones in our lives makes us slow down and enjoy the journey rather than just reaching the destination. The planter is truly stunning, how kind of your mum to give it to you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a fun time for you...new discoveries and adventures around every corner.
    Sounds like you have it all under control!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How perfect! Just found your blog. Congratulations on your new home.:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you all for your kind words - I needed the encouragement to get through all the boxes.

    Namaste, Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like it will be a gorgeous and wonderful space when you are through with it. The light looks perfect for a future school room.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, it is going to be wonderful, Nicole! I love your header, by the way!
    Nicola

    ReplyDelete

Your comments kindle my spirit.

Namaste!