Waldorf In The Home

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Self Portrait Journey


I just read a great post from the blog of Twig and Toadstool  and I became totally  inspired by Maureen that I have decided to  join  ShaktiMama and travel along with her and other fun and daring woman on a journey of  self  discovery - by way of self portraits through photographs. The photo above was unintentional for this journey - it is the taken in the foyer of my sister in law's house. I snapped the shot because I knew it would be the only photo of me taken in Norway. It doesn't look like me - but it is. Perhaps others think it looks like me - but I am not recognizing that woman in the mirror. My fingers want to type excuses of why I look tired and perhaps old but - I am holding back. I am what I am and I bet I am going to learn a lot about myself on this journey of self exploration. A few months  back I posted about  accepting the self I see in the mirror - this is a chore and not a gift perhaps for some it is.
As with all chores - done on a daily basis they get easier - and of course all chores serve purposes. The purpose of this journey is to be kinder to the woman I see in my reflection. Sundays will now be self portrait days!
Namaste!

14 comments:

  1. I think I'll join you. Are you doing it just on Sundays?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool - yes Sundays feel right to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful exploration. I made a lot of self portraits in my early 20's when I took art classes. It was a very interesting process. I can really relate to your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay!!!! I'm so happy that this is speaking to so many beautiful women out there!!!
    And when I see that self portrait, I see a gorgeous woman in that mirror, (oh, to see ourselves through the eyes of others)!!!!
    I'll be back to support you on your journey of self discovery!

    blessings and LOVE to you!!!
    xox maureen

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw that photo and thought, wow, you are so slim and pretty and your hair is longer than I imagined. What a lovely idea, I look forward to seeing your journey of self discovery.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the mysteriousness of this shot, the way your body is angled.

    So wonderful that you're taking up this challenge :). Please link up if you like once I start posting the bi-weekly challenges :).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very good idea. I hate looking in the mirror as of late. I may join you as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds like a great idea:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cool idea, you look lovely, cheers Marie

    ReplyDelete
  10. SS- your name is eluding me...thank you - funny how you see slim and heaviness! Thank you for your kind words.

    Juliana - perhaps the angle was to look less wide - not sure but usually a reason for a pose - right?

    Linda - it was a long time before I saw a clear picture of you - you turned out to be much, much younger than I and imagined.

    Perceptions are mysterious - aren't they?

    Namaste.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ah - our 20's - for me that was easy I felt beautiful then - but on the inside I was a crazy mess.
    I am calm on the inside - for the most part - happier too now- this journey will balance the huge difference I feel from how I looked 20 years ago. I hope. I should post my self portrait that I drew way back then -- thanks for the idea.

    Maureen - I am so with you! Thank you for bring me along.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'll have to join you in this challenge and post a photo of myself this week! I love this photo of you, very pretty and mysterious.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love how it's like you were just walking by!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love it!Just did mine -

    www.storinguptreasures.com

    ReplyDelete

Your comments kindle my spirit.

Namaste!