Waldorf In The Home

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Road Trip


When I woke up this morning I felt a huge desire to be near the Delaware River - so without hesitation Geir and I packed up cold drinks and snacks and headed out for a road trip with the little ones. Quite a big deal for us as we are never willing to give up nap time. The girls would snooze in the car.  We drove up and down winding, beautiful  country roads passing through New Hope  - an artsy little town full of eccentrics and hippies along the Delaware River and our pre-kid hang out - where we like to say "it all started." This brought back all those fun, fresh feelings of new love - and it was romantic to reminisce our first few years together as we drove to our final destination.


Vivy headed out first - wondering if there were any trolls beneath the bridge.Trip-trop, trip-trop.


She was  glad not to have met up with a troll but she'll hold Dad's hand just in case.


Ella realizing just what a cliff could be as she exclaimed "Oh, I know - it is like a mountain split in half " 


And once Vivian heard Ella's confidence of what was up ahead she was sure to follow.


This is what they found. 


 We made it to the highest cliff - the girls were hot and a bit tired - I was totally happy! I love this place. 


  And back down we went, passing by some lovely views and walking with a promise of ice-cream we noticed a spot where a woodpecker had once been.




Returning back to the warning sign - proof that we survived!!! Albeit very hot. It reached 100 degrees. 

I loved how we spent today. We usually plan our days of what we think the girls would like to do - and I don't mind that  - but  today I needed to follow my bliss. It was nice to break free and just drive.  Happy parents, happy kids... well at least one of them is.

Namaste.

5 comments:

  1. oh this was a great post...I LOVE new hope so very much...all the great stores, the playhouse...good memories abound!
    Your girls are so exquisitely beautiful! I love the bonnets...they have the most darling expressions.
    looks like you had a wonderful day--def a hot one! this is summer, afterall!
    we will have to check out this park-it looks great!
    talk to you soon!! I'll be in kimberton on wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a beautiful day. I love a good road trip with a hike! Lovely weather! xo m.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your girls are adorable. I love that definition of a cliff. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a wonderful trip!! We LOVE New Hope and hope to visit there when we come home in the fall!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have you ever been to ringing rocks? It right up that way and totally worth the nap time sacrifice. We use to live right outside of New Hope in Lambertville pre-kids and it was so nice living that close to the river. Looks like you guys had a blast!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments kindle my spirit.

Namaste!