Waldorf In The Home

Friday, July 2, 2010

Frugal Friday - Red Cradle


Once again, dropping off donations at our favorite thrift store Ella spotted this wooden cradle and we were both in awe! It was even harder to resist the price tag - $8! Solid wood - handmade - just beautiful. Our other cradle is from Pottery Barn and it doesn't compare. I bought it with a gift card before Ella was even born - we have always adored this cradle but it just doesn't have that specialness to it as this red one does. Now my little ones have their own cradles to lay their sleeping babies in and say goodnight instead of Vivian swapping out her sister's doll and causing a commotion.  It is so sweet to witness them tuck their dolls in and put their finger on their mouth to tell me to be quiet and then whisper Sweet Dreams.


This is Hannah, Ella's doll. I fell in love with her at the Waldorf Craft Show hosted by The Waldorf School of Philadelphia. I met Cyd Knoble of Noble Dolls - and what an amazing and truly talented artist! Click here to see her beautiful handwork - you will find more than just dolls - she creates fairies and mermaids too. So, just in case you are looking for a beautiful, handmade, Waldorf doll - look no further. Owning these dolls is my reward for this quick mention of Noble Dolls (meaning I bought these dolls fair and square.) I make this recommendation from my heart - as my girls love mothering their dolls made by Cyd.

Namaste! 


4 comments:

  1. Score! Sweet cradle and sweet doll, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh another amazing find, how lucky you are! I had a great wee find too this week a lovely wooden dolls high chair.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beatific cradle,and doll, cheers Marie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, what a wonderful thrift store find. I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments kindle my spirit.

Namaste!