Waldorf In The Home

Monday, July 5, 2010

Corner of My Home - filled with suitcases

Tomorrow our journey to visit family in Norway begins! I am so happy that Ella and Vivian will be able to to meet the family that they have only heard about or met when they were tiny infants. I look forward to the memories they will take home with them - to know the people that love them and send them magical presents in the mail. 

We are ready for the most part and can avoid panicking and rushing to get things done. I am a worrier by nature - so planning and being ready is therapy for me - maybe that is why I am so good at it. My goal is always to keep it calm - but I really don't feel calm - just ready. I have to remind myself to worry less and just enjoy. To keep it simple, relax and let go. My biggest wish is that I could speak the language - I read once that the Norwegian language was the second hardest language to learn - Chinese being the first.  It is just a wish - I can't speak it and I have to rely on my husband to translate things to my mother in law like "I like your hairstyle" or "Oh, what a pretty table cloth" - bonding things, things guys don't say. My husband gets tired of it real quick and sometimes I get the feeling he doesn't say what I requested. He starts talking Norwegian to me and English to her and well I resort to smiling a lot. Maybe the only  thing I have to worry about is sore cheeks from smiling so much. 

My mantra will be - enjoy what is in front of you - accentuate the positive and look no further - and pray that my girls warm up easily and are polite. 

Ha det bra! 

And as always ~ Namaste!

6 comments:

  1. Have a great time and we'll see you when you get back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you have a wonderful trip! That must be hard to not be able to communicate with your husband's family. It looks like you know more Norwegian than I do though. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting!!! Hope you have a lovely trip. Looking forward to you blogging all about it on your return.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Be Safe...and I am sure you will have a wonderful time. How long will you be gone? Children know no language barriers...it will be fine. Take lots of pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you'll be able to do some posts from Norway! That would be swell. Have a great trip.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so envious! My parents are in Norway right now, too!
    They used to live there. In fact, my brother has a Norwegian name because my parents, well, I think they became part Norwegian just living there.
    The only thing I know how to say in Norwegian is "what kind of tobacco do you smoke?" Long story attached to that one...
    Buon Viaggio!
    Nicola

    ReplyDelete

Your comments kindle my spirit.

Namaste!