Waldorf In The Home

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Watercolor Tuesday - Rose Water


A few weeks ago Ella and I made Rose Petal Beads and we saved the left over rose water for painting. Ella was quite impressed with this idea. First it is a rose - a bead - then paint! She declared "Mother Nature is amazing." I agree. We stored the rose water in this tiny little jelly jar that we brought home from vacation and kept it in the fridge. Ella could not wait to open it and test out the color. 


It turned out to be a pretty purple. We made rose petal paper - bits of the rose remained in the water and gave the paper a beautiful texture. Ella wondered if mint leaves would make green water color paint. I like the way she thinks and we just may give it a try. 


I was inspired to finally finish up my Heart Swap package for Heidi. I have to admit - this was a huge challenge for me. I gave from my heart instead of my hands (I was suppose to hand make something.) I hope you enjoy your package Heidi - I enjoyed putting it together - although it took me quite awhile -- it will soon arrive in South Africa.


It has been a joyful day - my heart sings. I can't divulge the details but I bet you can guess what brings me joy!
Namaste!

7 comments:

  1. What a lovely way to use up those leftovers! I love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet! We use rose water in a lot of indian cooking and drink recipes, yum!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog is so lovely, I love how much you love your life as a mother with your sweet little family. I will be sure to visit again and explore some more! How nice to do some rose petal creating. My girls tried a variety of flowers and leaves for making paint last summer.
    Happy to have found your blog, thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nicole - sounds yummy - the only recipe I have for rose water is rice pudding. Please share!!

    I use food grade rose water for perfume - I love roses!

    Renee and Eileen - -thank you. Comments are sometimes my only adult conversation during the day.

    Namaste!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, how beautiful! Congrats on the good news, I hope it's the news you were waiting on!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely heart activity and smell, I have a giveaway going at the moment, do pop over and have a look, cheers Marie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely! Sweet idea and I am impressed it is dark enough to paint with. Love Ella's statement! I agree.
    Nicola

    ReplyDelete

Your comments kindle my spirit.

Namaste!