Waldorf In The Home

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Goddess Wednesday -- Celebrating the Sun


The little ones woke up to a bright and sunny table decorated by fairies that slide down the Sun's rays at sunrise this morning. The girls were delighted. The little gifts were left overs, if you will, from Christmas and the only reason that gifts were involved for this occasion. The flowers are wooden puzzles that the girls enjoyed taking apart and putting back together - and I think they look pretty. 


We enjoyed reading and singing John Denver's Sunshine on My Shoulders - a book I had from my publishing days. The illustrations in this book are beautiful and dreamy. As an added bonus a CD and score was included. It is sure to become a family favorite - and brings warm and fuzzy memories of my childhood. You can find out more about this book at this amazing site that I found today. I have no connections to this publisher - but I think you will agree they are pretty cool. 


We planned on baking a sun cake this morning but received word that the gas into the building of my condo would be shut off for the day. Ella opted to make one out of magic clay instead. It is drying in the sun waiting to be painted. I love celebrating such magical events with the girls - truly enchanting. We made fresh lemonade and enjoy doing yoga in my Mother's yard. (A post for tomorrow.)


Now I must get ready for my enchanting evening with my Goddess friends. 

Namaste. 

7 comments:

  1. What a beautiful celebration with your sweet family Nicole. Enjoy your time with friends, I hope to hear more! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful scene to wake up to, I love the pictures in that book, my local library has it, cheers Marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love your table decor! the flowers are so cute. sounds like it was a fun day

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your table looks so sunny and sweet! I would love to take a look at this book you mentioned. The pictures are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful celebration! Happy Midsummer today :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE your festivities.

    It's so beautiful to celebrate the seasons (through seasonal holidays)... I've never heard of anyone in my "real life" doing this, but it's amazing and your family does it beautifully.

    I can't wait to set up my nature table this week and join in on all the fun :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments kindle my spirit.

Namaste!