Waldorf In The Home

Friday, June 25, 2010

Frugal Friday - Carraige & Chalkboards


I haven't posted a Frugal Friday in awhile as I am trying to save my money rather than collect things with my money - but on a recent drop-off trip to my favorite consignment shop the girls and I spotted a few things that made our hearts sing. Ella has been asking for a pram for her "Dolly" ever since Vivian was born (we had a pram for her.)  So like Mommy, Ella always wanted one - but it was an expense that I wasn't willing to make until I spotted this beauty for $12 bucks! Here is one on ebay - I think I did pretty well considering the pram we bought isn't ripped or smell like a yucky basement. It is a keeper and finds like this excite me! Now the fighting over it I can do with out - but I reason it is a part of life.


Ella is precious caring for her baby. This carriage really helped Ella get into her motherly role. Her imagination has grown with it and I can sense  that she really believes her dolls are alive - and that they need her. She is a good Mama to her children - I am flattered by her imitation... except when she gets impatient with them - I think to myself "do I really become that flustered? Hum.

Then I spotted these chalkboards and couldn't resist - perfect tools for homeschooling! I'd like to someday be able to chalk like this. Perhaps this will be my "before" picture but I don't expect an overnight success.


I spent $10 bucks for the both (actually used my store credit) - a steal if you ask me - one for each so there is no bickering. They enjoy drawing on them - but mostly they like watching me tell stories through the pictures I draw on the boards. This is all new to me, a first and I am learning as I go. We are all having such a good time with our frugal finds. 

Here is a really cool demonstration of Waldorf Chalkboard Art.



It is when I am not in the habit of buying things - that things become more special to us. Mom didn't just buy another new toy - Mom bought a toy - and they were excited and thankful.  Now if I could just stop buying them ice-cream cones every other day - the experience might go back to being a special treat that conjures up feelings of joy and deliciousness. 

Enjoy your weekend and may you find that special frugal find that makes your heart sing. 

Namaste.


2 comments:

  1. SUPER SCORES, Nicole! Oh my gosh! We love our chalkboard (plus we have chalkboards painted on a couple of doors).
    And the pram? Envy! I scored one similar on freecycle awhile back, but it was peeling vinyl and smelled. Not cute and red and clean! I passed it along.
    Nicola

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, the pram is truly stunning, what an amazing find. I agree about the toy thing, I usually only buy toys for birthdays and christmas but I find the problem is with extended family buying them for no real reason.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments kindle my spirit.

Namaste!