Waldorf In The Home

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Ella's Simply Amazing Strawberry Soup


Ella had a delicious idea - make strawberry soup! The only catch was that she wanted to wait until Vivian went down for a nap. Vivian loves "doup" and Big Sister wanted to surprise her. I think Ella also needed some Mama and me time. So as soon as Vivy's head hit the pillow, we kissed Dad goodbye, put on our clogs and walked to the market. During our walk she came up with another grand idea - to do a cooking show ! So without further ado....

 Chef Ella!

 Ta-da. If you would like to make Ella's Simply Amazing Strawberry Soup - gather these ingredients and don't forget to wash your hands - says Chef Ella.

  • 1 1/2  cups of Stonyfield Organic Banilla Yogurt
  • 1 cup of orange juice
  • 1/2 cup of ginger ale
  • 2 cups of fresh organic strawberries sliced
  • dash of vanilla extract
  • Whipped topping and mint to garnish


Add the first five ingredients to your blender - push the magic button and viola! Pour into pretty bowls - we used dessert bowls that we bought for 25 cents at a thrift store. Chill and serve with whipped topping and mint . 
Vivian was quite please to wake up to this... 


A perfect afternoon snack - slurping was perhaps the best part!

6 comments:

  1. Thats so cute!:-)

    Saf.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is so cute and your presentation is just beautiful. Yum!
    Nicola

    ReplyDelete
  3. I stumbled upon your blog while googling for something totally unrelated. I am very glad I did.

    I will be saving this to my recipe file for later on, when we stop at the u-pick farm and bring home tons of strawberries.

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute!!!!!! Yum I'd love some strawberry soup :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Omigoodness...those peachy little cheeks just make me grin! I've got my market basket ready to gather the goodies to make Ella's soup this afternoon. My Toucie thinks the idea of surprising sisters is a good one...two of ours are graduating from high school this evening and Ella's Strawberry Soup will be a lovely way to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments kindle my spirit.

Namaste!