Waldorf In The Home

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Campaign For a Commercial-Free Childhood Toady Awards


My Vote goes to....
AddictingGames.com
Price: Free!
Recommended Age: None, but marketed to preschoolers

The games at Nickelodeon’s AddictingGames.com have it all: Lechery (the Perry the Sneak series, where gamers take the role of a peeping Tom trying to catch revealing glimpses of scantily clad women); gratuitous violence (Bloody Day, where "back alley butchering has never been so much fun”); and even animal cruelty (Kitty Cannon, where you can “make Fluffy bloody” by shooting a kitten out of a cannon onto row of metal spikes). But it’s not the exciting content that makes Addicting Games so TOADYish; It’s Nick’s decision to promote – and link to – the site on every page of its websites for preschoolers like NickJr.com and Neopets. So the next time you see Dora the Explorer smiling sweetly on your child’s computer, remember that stalking,murder, and torturing animals is only a click away! (Blurb from CCFC)
My girls do not play on the computer - but for all the little ones who  do-- they  do not need to be exposed to this crap. Shame on you  Nickelodeon!


2 comments:

  1. That is horrible! Another reminder why we need to stay away from media.
    Thank you for sharing that. Hmm I wonder if I could get MIL to reasd it..... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog Nicole. I think it is just awesome and I love what you write about and what you share! Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments kindle my spirit.

Namaste!