Waldorf In The Home

Monday, March 1, 2010

A Corner Outside My Home - Pennypack Watershed

  
The first thing I notice when I woke up this morning was the bright gorgeous sunlight - it made me happy - happy to welcome March with a sunny day. My mind was made up looking at the sunshine so early in the morning- we were going to spend as much time outside as we could today. Nature was calling - we needed to breath fresh air, soak in some vitamin D and be surrounded with all things natural.  We needed to expand - broaden our horizon and hopefully play in the snow one last time.

 
I called a dear friend of mine and we gathered our girls, zipped up the snow suits, packed a lunch and met at one of our favorite outdoor spaces at the Pennypack. It was a warm 43 degrees. We walked part of a trail, climb a fence, found some pine tree treasures (there were a lot of them due to the last storms winter pruning)  and basked in the sunlight while the little ones did what was natural - played. 
 

  

It was a freeing experience for all of us; basking in the sun, listening to the wind, watching the clouds float in the big blue sky, spotting wild turkeys, feeling the earth start to thaw under our feet ...all very healing - refreshing - a simple celebration of the first of March. Soon, very soon there will be green leaves on these  branches and birds tending to their new babies.

Hours passed by with good conversation between trusted friends, little ones immersed in play and snow melting away watering new growth. I look forward to March ~ holding a friend's new baby, celebrating Vivian's second birthday, my birthday and Spring Equinox.

We all came home with sun-burnt faces. cold hands, wet boots, peanut butter breath and a wholesome goodness that you can only get from Mother Nature.

Simple Joy!


5 comments:

  1. This was such a lovely post, Nicole. I can't believe how big your girls have gotten! This makes me want to go take a nice hike around Seoul (the city is full of "mountains" and hiking trails), but maybe on a day when it isn't 38 and raining.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pictures of the girls are so very beautiful capturing the innocence of a child....the smiles!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely outing! I love the picture of the bare tree branches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi nicole,i love ya blogs and read them every day, i have fond memories of takin jo to pennypack.
    It has been sunny here too and can't wait for spring!
    I also love the way you write, look forward to the next one. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for all your comments - they are like the icing on the cake for me!

    Nicole

    ReplyDelete

Your comments kindle my spirit.

Namaste!