Waldorf In The Home

Monday, March 29, 2010

Corner of My Home - Mailbox


My mailbox,  an ugly part of condo life I suppose.  I opened up my little box and I found a wonderful parcel from a new friend, Marianna. She writes a blog Cardinal Acre.  I love her advice on blogging. I read this piece at a time when I needed a little encouragement and her words resonated with me and helped me define my reason for blogging.   She sent me an email out of the blue asking me if I would be interested in a Waldorf Homeschooling curriculum!  Yes, yes I did!  

I am the only one that I know personally that wants to homeschool  their children. I feel kind of lonely. But I am certain that I want to do this and I can't wait!

I read the first few pages and I am thrilled to have been introduced to Donna Simmons I felt good with this author immediately. I like her tone and her opinions, I like how she speaks to me. I can imagine a very nice home life with my children. 

Marianna, a big heartfelt hug to you and your family for sharing this book with my family. It will be put to great use and enrich our home life no doubt. I will pass along your random act of kindness - many, many thanks.

Namaste, Nicole

5 comments:

  1. about the blogging, yes---I try to see it as a journal, that I would keep for myself even is nobody was looking. Imagine looking back in a year over all of you old entries. Memories, joys, beauty. Like a photo album of good times!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you got it! And you are very welcome. Two of my favorite things about blogging are the wonderful sharing of resources and the not feeling so alone! I LOVE Donna Simmons. In my opinion, she is one of the wisest people out there giving advice to parents.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I obviously don't homeschool Malayna, but I did think about it for a long time. Especially when it seemed like her personality would work better with one-on-one attention. I remember meeting some people in Mount Airy who started a homeschool network - they got together often to go on field trips or just chat. I do have a friend who homeschools her 5-year-old, so email me if you want me to connect the two of you. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ariella - that is why I especially like your blog - it is so personal and you keep it your own while sharing it. I just love it.

    Marianna - this blogging community is amazing - I have only been on for three months and I feel so connected - more so after your gift.

    Lisa - I would love to connect with them. Thank you. I will FB you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you think this is a book one could get from the library or is it a privately printed text?
    And ditto about blogging. I feel a community of kindred spirits.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments kindle my spirit.

Namaste!