Waldorf In The Home

Friday, February 5, 2010

The thrifted scoop...

 


By pouring three half gallons of Epson Salt into a newly purchased glass container - they immediately became "Healing Salt Crystals."I have been taking salted baths for years - due to my painful back and neck problems and I've always felt better for it. Just a few cups of salt in a warm bath and a 20 minute soaking - is all I need to sooth my body, mind and spirit. When Epsom salt (magnesium) is absorbed through the skin it helps produce serotonin which is a mood elevating chemical found in the brain that creates a sense of well-being and relaxation - a natural sedative for your nervous system. It also reduces swelling, relaxes your muscles and removes toxins from the body. It is a natural emollient and can exfoliate your skin. I mix one tablespoon of almond oil  and a half a cup of salt and rub over my entire body while standing in the bath. I soak awhile before I do this so that my pores have time to open and release the toxins from my body. My skin feels so refreshed and renewed. To learn more about this amazing salt click here.  

 
Taking baths are known to reduce high blood pressure, improve sleep and make you smell good. By taking three salted bath a week you can increase your energy, feel calmer and look better. Adding candles, incense and some romantic music - could improve a marriage. Valentines is little more than a week away - time to think about celebrating that special love that only adults feel.  

 
 
Now to the thrifted scoop - a beautiful seashell that I bought for .50 cents. I initially gave it to the little ones to use in their rice box  (a suggestion  from one of my very creative readers) then a light bulb went off and it became my scoop. I'll have to find them another one. 

Glass container on sale for $5.99 at AC Moore. Epsom Salt $3.99 a piece. So for $18.46 I have many relaxing baths ahead of and a pretty glass container of Healing Salt Crystals with a cool scoop. The second photo featured is a print that I have displayed in my bathroom. I love it.

What is your feel-good solution that encompasses body, mind and spirit?






4 comments:

  1. I do not have a feel good solution that encompasses mind, body or spirit yet my body and soul have Been telling me for quite some time that I need to start focusing on self and raking a bath is a perfect, simple solution that is inexpensive and easy to accomplish. I am also going to start taking an exercise class once a week- something that I love but have not done in years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Becky - I imagine that the new baby fog is starting to lift and with two other little ones just making a bath for yourself is a triumph. Pick a day and plan ahead. This will make your bath more likely to happen and you will have something to look forward to - don't forget the salt!

    Much love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for all this info about Epsom salts, I think it's time for an Epsom salts bath:)
    Have a great weekend
    Warmly
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you for the sweet comment on my blog and i am so glad you visited. i am adding your lovely blog to my reader. this is SUCH a good reminder to use my salts, and you know, you are so right...the right presentation can make all the difference!
    nicola
    http://whichname.blogspot

    ReplyDelete

Your comments kindle my spirit.

Namaste!